[Zope] VirtualHostMonster question: URL in location bar

Jean Jordaan jean@upfrontsystems.co.za
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 09:32:14 +0200

Hi all

I followed the ZopeBook Virtual Hosting examples without any problem:
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/VirtualHosting.stx

but I'm still puzzled about one thing. The ZopeBook says:

   At this point, you're probably wondering just how in the world any
   of this helps you. You're certainly not going to ask people to use
   their browser to visit a URL like
   http://yourserver.com//VirtualHostBase/http/zope.com/vhm_test/VirtualHostRoot/
   just so your Zope-generated URLs will be "right".

So OK, Apache rewrites dev.myserver.com to 192.168.1.2/.../Virtual...
and Zope generates the correct URL in the page source, BUT the URL in
the browser Location bar is still the long, ugly, VHM URL. So now I'm
still wondering "just how in the world any of this helps " me. How do
I get the location bar to show the un-rewritten URL? Should I add a
SiteRoot to my Zope folder? (I did try a SiteRoot there, but it's not
kicking in, for some reason ..)

--
Jean Jordaan
Upfront Systems                         http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za