[Zope] ZCatalog Object Identifier

Mark Gibson mark@kaivo.com
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 12:11:15 -0600

Using Zope 2.4.4

I have a zope instance that's setup like this:
/
/Client
/Client/company
/Client/company/data
/Client/company/catalog

I'm using VirtualHostMonster to allow access to /Client/company through
a domain name. (i.e. www.company.com points to /Client/company).

I have set of ZClass objects that get cataloged. If I submit them
through http://www.company.com, the Object Identifier in the catalog is
listed as /data/objectid1. If I submit through
http://zopeinstance:8080/Client/company the Object Identifier in the
catalog is listed as /Client/company/data/objectid2.

A query on the catalog will return both records, however when I call
getObject() on the records returned, the record identified by the
relative path, ( /data/objectid1 ) returns None, while the record with
the full path, ( /Client/company/data/objectid2 ) returns the object.

So how do I correct this problem?  How is the 'Object Identifier' used
in the catalog generated?  Can I force it to use the full path when
cataloging objects?  Why is getObject() in the first case returning None?

Thanks,
Mark