[Zope] Parametera and Formulator

Dag Nygren dag@newtech.fi
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 16:40:20 +0300

Thanks a lot for the answer, but I still ned some help ;-o

> > =

> > I have two questions today, both concerning the not so
> > clearly explained parameter passing of Zope:
> > 1. Did  I understand it right when I assume that  all the
> >    variables (form and dtml-let stuff) are available in all the
> >    objects that are below  (in the object hierarchy) =

> >    the one where they were defined.
> =

> For the most part, yes.

OK, good.

> > 2. How do I pass one of these Global (?) variables to  a python
> >    procedure from a DTML page ?
> =

> You mean a Script (Python)?
> Go to the Bindings tab and bind 'namespace' to _.
> =

> Then you can do:
> myvar =3D _['myvar']

Thanks, I could use that but:

What I meant is that I am using TALES of Formulator to get the
items for a SELECT-statement from a database.

This is calling a python-script like the following:
python:form.listchains(CustomerCompany)
CustomerCompany is a dtml-let in the main URL that called this =

Formulator Form.
This is obviousely wrong as Zope complains that
global name 'CustomerCompany' is not defined
 =

Mind you I am trying to learn Zope and Phyton at the same time
here, so the solution/explanation is probably simple

Thanks a lot for your kind response so far

-- =

Dag Nygren                               email: dag@newtech.fi
Oy Espoon NewTech Ab                     phone: +358 9 8024910
Tr=E4sktorpet 3                              fax: +358 9 8024916
02360 ESBO                              Mobile: +358 400 426312
FINLAND