[Zope] How to catalog ZDiscussion Item objects?

Phil Glaser StillSmallVoice@DirectvInternet.com
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 15:17:15 -0400

Hi,

In my effort to integrate ZUBB with CMF/Plone, I want to catalog ZDiscussion
Items. The problem is that they do not show up in the Catalog's "Find
objects of type" selection box. The ZDiscussion Topics do show up, however.
How can I get ZDiscussion Items to show up in the "Find objects of type"
selection box?

The purpose of this exercise, by the way, is to create a slot on my home
page that will show the latest posted messages in discussion forums, along
with their properties. Cataloging each discussion item this way seems to be
the best approach, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Thanks!

Philip Glaser
Principal and Software Architect
Sustainable Software Solutions, LLC