[Zope] New server recommendations

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:53:01 +0200

Howard Hansen wrote:
> Thanks for the clarification. I had noted that Apache, Postgres, etc. could
> use the other proc, but when I watch top running on the system, I see Zope
> at the top 95% of the time, the Apache front end putters along at 1-2%, and
> Postgres blips up to 3% every few minutes. The top process uses a lot more
> cycles than either of the non-Zope daemons.  I don't expect this to change
> much, which I why I lean towards 1 proc.

Well, but if you have more than one zope running on a server ...
Note that this also can be achieved using one or more ZEO clients on the
same server, bounding them each to their own processor.

> When I'm looking at systems, does Zope performance correlate well with the
> pystone benchmark?

According to Matt Kromer from Zope Corp. it does, see e.g.
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/zope/2002-February/109354.html

cheers,
oliver