[Zope] Major problems with slow catalog querie

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
20 Sep 2002 13:44:33 +0200

fre, 2002-09-20 kl. 13:36 skrev Toby Dickenson:
> > I will try and switch the stuff to Zope-2.6 and see if it makes any
> > improvements. Our use of memory on our Zope instance homes are BIG ! I
> > hope to bring it down ...
>
> out of interest...
>
> How many publisher threads do you have?

Do you mean how many threads the instances are started with ??
Our most slowest instance is started with 6 threads. It has been started
with 8 but was still slow.

> What are the number on the control panel/database/cache parameters page?

Total number of objects in the database 44617
Total number of objects in all caches 2574
Target Size: 400
Target max time between accesses: 60

Was this the info you wanted ?

Greetings,
Gitte Wange

P.S. We are desperate to make the site run faster - we just don't know
how. Our server has 512 MB RAM in it so ..