[Zope] zope & PIL

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 20:42:51 +0200

Oliver Skiebe writes:
 > we are trying to do some image manipulations with the python imaging
 > library;
 > i want to use an external method to call different pil functions:
 >
 > import Image
 > def manipulations(infile, outfile,...)
 >     manfile = Image.open(infile)
I expect "infile" is a file name, right?

In this case, the reference to resolve relative file names is
(usually) different when you call the script from the interpreter
or inside an External Method:

  In the interpreter, it is where you started the interpreter;
  in Zope, it is where Zope has been started (some people
  reported that it were the "var" directory).

Dieter