[Zope] Very Strange problem with Z SQL or ??

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 20:50:21 +0200

Oliver Marx writes:
 > Now I use the ID to select data from the DB, so the user can see the
 > object created. This Z SQL object works perfectly when I test it. But
 > when I use it in my python script - it returns empty every second time!?
 >
 > That is first it returns empty, but if I refresh the page once more the
 > correct data is displayed.
Indeed strange. Looks like a synchronization problem:

  Are the creation of the id and your Python Script call related in
  some way: e.g. done in different requests (transactions) at
  about the same time?

  Then, it would be possible that the Python Scripts still
  sees old state.

Another potential problem:

  Maybe, your DA (database adapter) uses connection pooling and
  assigns one connection to the id creation and a different one
  to the script (this would be a bug!).
  In this case, too, the Python script would see stale state.
  After the commit at the end of the request, everything would
  be ok again.

Dieter