[Zope] Re: updating catalog takes forever (never really completes)

Christopher N. Deckard chris@globalfoo.net
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 09:24:13 -0500

Hi peoples.  :-)

Well, the catalog update finally completed.  I don't know exactly
how long it too, but I know it was more than 6 or 7 hours.

There are a fair number of indexes and meta-data fields.  Could this
be the reason why it's sooooo, sssllllooowww?

I'd also like to note that I had to update the catalog because after
removing two meta-data fields, a lot of the other meta-data had the
wrong values in it.  Say I had foo, bar and baz as meta-data fields.
 If I remove bar, foo would have baz's data and baz foo's.  Ideas on
that one?  Known bug?  Side-effect of too many meta-data fields?

Thanks,
-Chris

On Sat, 21 Sep 2002 23:14:11 -0500, Christopher N. Deckard spoke
forth: