[Zope] newbies questions on ZODB

Mon, 23 Sep 2002 09:03:47 +0100

On Saturday 21 Sep 2002 7:55 pm, Andreas Kostyrka wrote:
> Am Fre, 2002-09-20 um 10.30 schrieb Chris Withers:
> > Fabien Nkundabagenzi wrote:
> > > Would it be advisable to use the ZODB to store these files (say mor=
> > > than 5.000 files or +/- 1 GB)  ?
> >
> > No

Hmm. I think this issue is more complicated than can be captured with a o=
ne=20
word answer.....

> Why no?

Im sure the majority of people here work with a filesystem that is larger=
 than=20
1G. There are well known solutions for problems like backups and replicat=
ion.=20
However I guess no more than 10% of people reading this list have a 1G ZO=
DB=20
storage. Its not bleeding edge, but there are likely to be times where yo=
u=20
encouter a problem that *should* have a standard solution, but doesnt. Ev=
en=20
the choice of Storage implementation will gather conflicting advice. If y=
ou=20
are happy to make your own choices, then putting everything in the ZODB i=
s=20
not a bad idea.

I hope this helps,