[Zope] Still No TextIndexNG on Win2000 (ALMOST SOLVED)

abg@comco-inc.com abg@comco-inc.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 11:06:11 -0500

I installed the Windows extensions for TextIndexNG (thanks to Andreas for
putting together an installer so quickly). The installer only detected the
stand-alone version of Python during the install (as opposed to the one that
ships with Zope). I changed Zope's start.bat to point to the stand-alone
install of Python. No problem.

I restarted Zope and went to the "Products" page. TextIndexNG is now showing
up as a product, it looks like:

TextIndexNG (Installed product TextIndexNG (1.05beta1))

This is a BIG step... I've never been able to get Zope to even recognize
TextIndexNG.

Here's the problem: TextIndexNG still isn't appearing as an option under the
"indexes" tab of a ZCatalog object. I am unable to create a TextIndexNG

Zope isn't giving any errors, the product seems to be properly installed, it
just isn't showing up.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Aaron Gillette