[Zope] <base href="http://mydomain.dk" />

Martijn Pieters mj@zope.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 14:18:26 -0400

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 06:01:26PM +0200, Preben Mikael Bohn wrote:
> Everything works fine, but I just tried to validate my webpages using
> www.w3.org's validator, and it came out with an error...
>
> When I go into http://mydomain.dk/ Zope inserts a
> <base href="http://mydomain.dk/" />
> in the <HEAD> section, which is wrong HTML (I think the "/" is illegal)
>
> If I go to http://mydomain.dk/index.html no base tag is inserted.
>
> Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

The base tag is inserted to assure that relative links work correctly in all
cases. The fact that the W3C validator still thinks '/' is an invalid
attribute flies in the face of the W3C recommendation for HTML to XHTML
transisitions. See also the following (current) thread on this very list:

  http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/zope-List/1368793

--
Martijn Pieters