[Zope] Re: structure usage question

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 15:13:12 -0500

Lynn Ranen wrote:
> After some hoop-jumping, I have this:
>   <a tal:attributes="href python:'Reports.py?doit&task_id=%s' %(taskid)">
> foo </a>

This could be more simply written as:
tal:attributes="href string:Reports.py?doit&amp;task_id=$taskid"

> The problem is that the ampersand is being escaped.  The docs say the
> "structure" keyword will prevent this, but I have been unable to get the
> "structure" working in:
>
> -- attributes statement
> -- global variable definition statement
> -- local  variable definition statement

The "structure" keyword is only meaningful for TAL statements that can
insert unescaped text (content, replace, and on-error).  Variable
definitions do not insert text, and the text inserted by the attributes
statement must always be escaped (see w3c spec).  Try it; it's not
actually a problem.

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am