[Zope] Creating a ZClass which includes Image base class

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 07:03:59 -0700

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 08:52:29PM -0400, Jon Whitener wrote:
> When I instantiate a WebArticle, it accepts an ID, but when I click Add, I get a "File not found" error.  Further, I have no idea how the Image Upload functionality will come in.

Sounds like your zclass is trying to *be* the image and it wants a file
upload as soon as you create it. It's probably trying to upload a file
from your hard drive with the ID you give. Either that, or it's calling
manage_addImage() with an incorrect argument.

Either fix that problem, or Instead use Folder as your base class.
That way, your WebArticle is not an image; it contains an image.
Then, on one of your forms, you can just copy the ZMI page for adding an
Image, and have it put the image inside your new WebArticle (Folder).
The body text could then be e.g. a DTML Method inside the folder.

--

Paul Winkler
"Welcome to Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"