[Zope] nested user folder question

AM list_subscriber@neurobs.com
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 09:38:59 -0700

Hi,
I would like to have nested user folders as shown:

/folder_1
    /user_folder_1_1
    /folder_2
    /folder_3
        /folder_3_1
        /folder_3_2
            /user_folder_3_2_1
    /folder_4
        /user_folder_4_1

Now in a structure like this, what are the rules regarding usernames??
Can similar usernames be used in different user folders for e.g.
username user_1 is in user_folder_1_1 and in user_folder_3_2_1 and have
different roles??

I tried it and it doesnt allow me to do that, also all roles seem to be
inherited even though the type of user folders are different (one is
custom and the other is stock).

However even though I cant create users with similar usernames, the
users in top level user_folders dont seem to percolate down so that I
can  assign them specific roles. For e.g. if user_1 exists in
user_folder_1_1, I cant create it in user_folder_3_2_1 but user_1 doesnt
appear in user_folder_3_2_1 so I cant seem to assign him any local roles
there.

How do I get around this??

TIA
AM

 Aseem Mohanty
 Neurobehavioral Systems Inc, 828 San Pablo Ave, Albany, CA 94706
 (R) 510 7696011 (M) 510 3014871 (O) 510 5279231
 "I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and
  stopped right there!!"                        -- Steve Gonedes