[Zope] Re: updating catalog takes forever (never really completes)

Luca Olivetti luca@wetron.es
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 15:32:35 +0200

Chris Withers wrote:
> Oh, and the situation where, for example, you only want to know the URL
> and name of the object in the search result and don't want to have to
> drag the whole of, say, a 10Mb file object into memory just to do so.

This is what I was objecting to in the first place (not criticizing
microprocessor design neither deciding that every form of caching is
bad): it shouldn't be necessary to load a 10Mb object into memory just
to access its name.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007