[Zope] ZODB - cleaning up mistakes

Wed, 25 Sep 2002 14:59:56 +0100

On Wednesday 25 Sep 2002 2:53 pm, Paul Winkler wrote:

> If they're still around, is there any way to find and get rid of them?

It depends on the storage

> Now for the question: the old stupid_object was folderish
> and contained a lot of subobjects. What happens to these objects?
> Are they still floating around in my ZODB since I never did any
> kind of proper _delObject() on their container?  I just did del() on
> it, and I don't know if that takes care of removing sub-objects from
> the ZODB (seems doubtful).

If this is FileStorage, then you have committed a couple of transactions =
that=20
modified the top level object. Unless you have packed, the old objects ar=
e=20
still intact. The best option would be to undo your manual transactions, =
and=20
get back to your original state.

If this is something like bsddbStorage.packless, then the old objects are=
=20
likely to have been garbage collected.=20