[Zope] REQUEST_METHOD 'LOCK' 'LOCK'

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 13:09:43 -0400

This is a known Zope bug caused by ZServer passing an MS-Author-Via: DAV=20
header in the HTTP REQUEST which makes Work think you want to edit the fi=
le.

Word then sends a WebDAV lock request to Zope, which an anonymous user is=
 not=20
authorized to do. So Word receives a 401 error and prompts you to=20
authenticate.

As a workaround, try commenting out line 64 of=20
{Zope}/lib/python/webdav/Resource.py. I intend to fix this bug when I get=
 the=20
time in a configurable way.

hth,

-Casey