[Zope] Web application for Property company

Brian newbie@konzoo.com
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 17:52:49 +0800

Hi,

I'm thinking of building web application for a property company.
This property company has staffs who works as agent for the company.

The company is thinking to have a portal which can do following:
-The agents can customize his/her own page -> agentA.propertyPortal.com
or agentB.propertyPortal.com
-The agents can post pictures of his/her properties in his working
directory/page.
 Basically each agent has an independent portal solution which include
search capabilities.

-But if the user logon to the main portal which is www.propertyPortala.com
the user can search entire properties of the whole agents.

My questions:
-If I use Zope, shall I use CMF?
-Would it be enough to build this type of application only knowing: DTML and
Python?

Can someone judge how long this will take?
Consider: -I'm a Java programmer and don't know much about Python
                -I know DTML and basic Zope.

thanks,
Brian

Service provided by MaGlobe Prepaid Worldwide Internet Access (visit www.MaGlobe.com)