[Zope] Zope, MySQL and pictures in blob-fields ...

Kevin Carlson khcarlso@bellsouth.net
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:43:29 -0400

I think you want to use the data attribute of the filename.  For example, if
the input field is named "filename", you should use the contents of
filename.data as input to your blob column in the database.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of
el-nino@gmx.li
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2002 9:34 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Zope, MySQL and pictures in blob-fields ...

Hello to everybody!

I'd like to provide users with a possibility to upload pictures into a
MySQL-Database. Therefore I created a web-form (using method="post" and
enctype="multipart/form-data") with an input for uploading files (<input
type="file"
name="VorschlagBild">).
The action of the form calls a SQL-Method that stores the data received from
the into a MySQL-table (insert into Vorschlag values([...]<dtml-sqlvar
VorschlagBild type="string">)). The picture should be put into a blob-field.
used 'type="string"' because "file" or something similar does not exist.
Finally, the record gets stored into the MySQL-database, but the picture
isn't saved the way I expected. Taking a look at the content of the table
using
webmin, the appropriate field just shows "<ZPublisher.HTTPRequest.FileUpload
instance at 0x893a7ec>".
Can anybody tell he how I manage to save/upload the picture and possibly
even show it again in a website afterwards?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if it is a simple question ... I tried to find
a solution but couldn't find one.
SInce I am unsure if this one should be posted to the RDBMS-list, I started
here ... if this was wrong: Sorry!

Thilo

--
Werden Sie mit uns zum "OnlineStar 2002"! Jetzt GMX wählen -
und tolle Preise absahnen! http://www.onlinestar.de