[Zope] How to break redirect

Kevin Carlson khcarlso@bellsouth.net
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 10:41:13 -0400

Another object to check for is an Access rule.  If that is in there it might
be causing this as well (at least I have messed things up on my own site
with these objects before :-).  You can suppress that in the same manner as
a site root with:

/foo/bar/SUPPRESS_ACCESSRULE

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of Espen
Wiborg
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2002 10:14 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] How to break redirect

"Kevin Carlson" <khcarlso@bellsouth.net> writes:
>> [...] all URLs under /foo/bar redirect to /foo/bar/index_html,
>> including /foo/bar/manage_workspace (and
>> /foo/bar/zot/manage_workspace redirects to /foo/bar/zot/index_html,
>> etc)!  The installation was originally set up on 2.1.6, but I see
>> the same behaviour on 2.5.1 (I did a straight export/import).  So:
>> Does anyone have any advice on how to break this redirection?
> Is there a SiteRoot object installed?  One way you can check is to FTP
into
> the site and take a look.  Also, you can address the site and suppress the
> siteroot if one exists:
> /foo/bar/_SUPPRESS_SITEROOT/manage
> Hope that helps,

No SiteRoot object (at least nothing named SiteRoot).  However, FTPing
in gets me part of the way as it lets me edit DTML, SQL statements and
the like, but it doesn't let me edit external methods, database
connections etc.

I should mention (this may not have been quite clear from my original
mail) that this only happens to part of the site; that is, I can
access /foo/manage_workspace, but /foo/bar/manage_workspace redirects
to /foo/bar/index_html.

--
Espen Wiborg <espenhw+zope@empolis.no>
It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open. (DON'T try this @ home!)