[Zope] Enhanced Site Development

Rares Vernica verni0@hotmail.com
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:47:36 +0300

Hi,

I wand to ask you about your opinion about developing web sites enhanced
with manage like system (for example: user can add a folder or file, delete
a folder or file, rename ..., cut ..., copy ... and paste... - without even
see the management interface).

Is Zope prepare for this kind of things or is it thought to be used so?

I mean, I already made such enhancements and for example for Copy I wanted
to extend Zope manageCopy from OFS.CopySupport and what came out only
extension couldn't be named, because I had to copy 10% of the original's
function code in my function and I haven't already treat any raised
exception.

Is it Zope build for such extensions?
what do you think? How should this be done?!

And once again no Help system from Zope (about Zope exceptions and raised
exceptions), only source code - but this is NOT HELP (see for example Java
Help). :(

Thanks in advance,
Rares