[Zope] some advice ?

Rex Chung rex@rexchung.com
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 02:45:00 +1000

Hi Zope gurus,

I have been given the task to implement my College's CSE homepage
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/ with Zope for the sake of content
management.
I have looked at Plone and CMF and gone through the Zope book. (though I
have no experience with Zope).

I am wondering if using Plone/CMF would help me implement such a site or
how will it help. I need the user management component but can I do it
with Zope's user management and using ZMI as the content management
interface.

I am most confused with the content type, since what I need is probably
a course/timetable management product and different type of users have
different properties. I am wondering if I'm making it hard for myself to
try to integrate with plone as compared to just build my own Products
and ZPT.

I'm open to any advice/suggestions as to what is the best/easiest way to
implement the CSE homepage.

Thanks for your input.

Regards,
Rex