[Zope] Re: Easy <dtml-sendmail> syntax question.

Derek Basch dbasch@yahoo.com
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 14:23:23 -0700 (PDT)

Maik,
I understand how to do every part except:

- set this as the smtphost of MailHost-object

Im not having much luck, with Google, finding anything
on how to access the MailHost's objects attributes .
Im assuming I will have to do this from a python
script? I have started to pick through the MailHost.py
module of the MailHost product. Any suggestions.
Thanks,
Derek Basch

Derek Basch wrote:

> <dtml-var standard_html_header>
>
> <dtml-sendmail smtphost=<dtml-var smtphost>>
> To: <<dtml-var recipient>>
> From: Server <<dtml-var SERVER_URL>>
> Subject: <<dtml-var subject>>
>
> </dtml-sendmail>
> I cant save the 'send_email' mehtod so know I am
doing
> something wrong by nesting the <dtml-var smtphost>
> inside <dtml-sendmail>. Can anyone tell me how to do
> this properly?

you can't use smtphost=<dtml-var smtphost>. it expects
a string, not an
expression. If you want to use different smtp-hosts,
you have to do a
workaround:

- get the smtphost from your request,
- set this as the smtphost of MailHost-object
- and then call your method with <dtml-var
mailhost=MailHost>

cheers, maik