[Zope] Re: [Zope-CMF] How to use the caching policy manager?

J Cameron Cooper jccooper@jcameroncooper.com
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 20:25:43 -0600

Sorry, that was just a dash-off about caching. That happens when one
doesn't think too hard before starting to write.

>Ok, I'll reformulate the question: Would anybody provide tested examples on
>what strings to use in the text fields to enable a new caching policy
>manager's policy, to cache something like all images in a portal?
>
>I'm stuck on this subject as all I get are error tracebacks, so instead of
>just fooling around asking the list whether there's a bug or not (as I
>already sent the parameters I used and the resulting traceback, with no
>response at all), I'd feel happy with just a few simple lines (examples)
>about the right tested way to use that tool.

id: images

predicate...
python: content.portal_type == "Image"

mod-time (default): content/modified
max age: 300

Works for me. No errors in adding, at the very least.

The predicate could also use meta_type, or perhaps some method of the
object that decided about caching or whatnot.

          --jcc