[Zope] Detecting Mozilla based browsers

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 22:38:18 -0600

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 08:11:40PM +0200, Gilles Lenfant wrote:

> I usually hate this too, but I need this to (try to) extend the
> IEEditor to give Mozilla+Midas users the ability to edit content
> with a WYSIWIG tool.  Other solution : an applet, a flash stuff (if
> it can dial with a HTTP server) or structured text :(( The users
> want rich text formatting but don't want to learn 10 HTML tags.

htmlArea 3.0 may help on some of the coding, and may have sufficient
detection capabilities. You might even be able modify it to do the
preferred dom inspection business. At least in its current
incarnation, it does rich text editing for both IE 5.x and Mozilla
1.3. If someone more skilled than me manages to integrate this into
CMFVisualEditor, I'd be very happy.

http://www.interactivetools.com/products/htmlarea/

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu