[Zope] Replacing index_html with index.html

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
02 Apr 2003 01:54:42 -0800

On Tue, 2003-04-01 at 22:41, Niclas Kuehne wrote:
> Thank you very much for your response!

No problem.

> The idea is right, but there seems to be a problem when
> parsing special characters such as "." in an object's id. This seems
> to be a new problem/feature in Zope Version 2.6.1, as it works fine
> in previous versions (2.3.3).

I don't think that's your problem. You can verify this works by using
<dtml-var "_['index.html']"> to call a trivial index.html method.  Works
fine for me.

My guess is that the error is happening *in* index.html.

Given your error message, I'd look first at places where you call
methods with zero arguments (implied self) or one explicit argument..
It's quite possible that the interface to something you call has changed
and that it now requires one more argument than you're currently
supplying.

If you're new to 2.6, you may or may not already know about the new
error_log object.  If you haven't already seen it, it's in the root  and
well worth checking out.  It may help illuminate the source of your
problem.

Feel free to post some code and tracebacks when you narrow down where
the error is showing up.

HTH,

Dylan