[Zope] Fwd: [Zope-DB] HEEELP! my zope has become virtually unusable

Wed, 2 Apr 2003 20:26:33 +0100

On Wednesday 02 April 2003 8:22 pm, Charlie Clark wrote:
> > Now I am able to go to /control_Panel/Database.  In fact, I am looking at
> > info under Cache Parameters tab:
> >       Total number of objects in the database: 10561
> >       Total number of objects in all caches: 2294
> >       Target size: 400
> >       Target max time between accesses: 60
> >
> > Do they (bottom two, in particular) look reasonable?  Please tell me what
> > they mean or what they should be like.  And what are the units on these?
> > MB, KB?, seconds?, miliseconds?

400 is objects per thread. If you have the default 4 threads (and assuming you
are not using versions) then it is interesting to note that 2294 is much
bigger than 4*400

That indicates you have memory pressure. This might be the cause of your
problem. If so, you could try:
* doubling the target size, and perhaps halving the number of threads.
* upgrading to 2.6. the cache manager was rewritten and is much better
behaved.

--
Toby Dickenson
http://www.geminidataloggers.com/people/tdickenson