[Zope] Newbie - installing DirectoryStorage.

Thu, 3 Apr 2003 17:04:21 +0100

On Thursday 03 April 2003 1:58 pm, FNk wrote:

> I'm having problems installing DirectoryStorage

> The installation seems to be going well (e.g. everything get installed
> without error), but when a start Zope, I can't manage to logon.
> I run zope with the -u switch. Apparently, "the best workaround is to drop
> root privileges sooner, before starting Zope".
> Can somebody tell me what this means exactly ?

Dont start zope as root. Change to a different uid before running the start
script. see doc/SETUID.txt

> My second question is: Is there a way of installing Zope without having to
> use the -u switch ?

su zopeuser /path/to/zope/start

I understand that this restriction in DirectoryStorage will go away in Zope
2.7, but it is good practice to avoid starting Zope as root in any case.

--
Toby Dickenson
http://www.geminidataloggers.com/people/tdickenson