[Zope] restrcting zope to a single processor on Solaris8 machine

Thierry FLORAC thierry.florac@onf.fr
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 09:21:24 +0200

On Thursday 03 April 2003 23:08, Tena Sakai wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I am running zope on Solaris 8 (sparc, SF4800, 4 processor) machine.
> Recently, a major app was taken off this machine and I started to
> experience problems.  The problem is that response time is exceedingly
> and unbearably slow.  Having read a thing or two, I suspect this is to do
> with Global Interpreter Lock of python not being able to use multiple
> cpu's.
>
> I am trying to use psrset command to fix the problem, but so far
> unsuccessful. What I have done is to write a one-line shell script that
> says
>       psrset -e 1 Path-to-Zope-Directory/start
> where 1 is a processor_set_id (created via "psrset -c" command) and this
> set uses strictly one processor.  But the start script cannot finish
> execution. It complains as to permission denied for var/Z2.pid file.

What I've read until now about Zope and Solaris says that it's the "pbind"
command which have to be used to assign Zope processes to a given processor.
But I didn't test it until now...

Anyway, I'm interested in your feedbacks concerning this problem...

Thanks,

  Thierry