[Zope] Re> another newbie rewrite problem

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Fri, 04 Apr 2003 10:47:54 +0200

Dan Donaldson wrote:
> I got it working! Thanks for the prompt replies. I have to say that while the documentation for Zope can be -er - challenging, the quick response from the community is great to see.
>
> The problem was not having the proxy modules loaded. It would appear that Apache 2 has a more elaborate scheme for proxy modules, and the tutorial at

Dan, one word of caution about apache2. I don't know about redhat, but
Suse (8.1) comes with apache 2.0.40 (IIRC). This version is not
production quality, as far as some feature are concerned that are quite
typical to be used with zope. (Disk based) caching and mod_proxy in
virtual hosts didn't work for me, and I can confirm this is indeed a bug
(known to the apache developers).
The problem was that this wasn't documentend prominently, and the bug
just caused apache to never deliver pages from the cache, while it still
created files in the cache dir. I found this out only because I was
doing some benchmarks.

So, if you don't need apache2 features, I'd consider using apache 1.

cheers,
oliver