SOLUTION: [Zope] import error - No module named iclass

Gregory R. Warnes gregory_r_warnes@groton.pfizer.com
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 14:26:24 -0500

I recently encountered the 'No module named iclass" problem when upgradin=
g=20
from Zope 2.5 to 2.6l, and discovered a nice, simple solution:

   1) Export the troubled product as an XML file. =20
 =20
=09(This worked for me in Zope 2.6 though Zope 2.6 woudn't otherwise touc=
=09it. You can, of course, downgrade, then export if it doesn't work unde=
=092.6 for you.)

   2) Load the XML export file into your favorite editor (I used xemacs),=
 and
       search for the string "iclass".   It will be found in a section th=
at
       starts something like:

=09<object>
=09   <klass>
=09      <global id=3D"10712.92" name=3D"Interface" module=3D"Interface.i=
class"/>
=09   </klass>

   3) Delete the enclosting <object>...</object> section.

   4) In the ZMI remove the troubled project, then import it from the mod=
ified
       file. =20

For me, this process worked perfectly.

-Greg