Updating Objects in ZODB Was: [Zope] Zope (X)3 FAQ

Thomas Guettler Thomas Guettler <thomas@thomas-guettler.de>
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 11:28:51 +0200

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 10:28:24AM +0200, Max M wrote:
> Lennart Regebro wrote:
>
> >I agree, it's a good way to do it. I do think a name more unique then
> >refresh is good though, because then you can simply traverse the
> >hierarchy and call the upgrade method if it exists.
>

> It would be nice to do this in a more interactive way. Like a small
> updater product (in Z2) wich could work like the following ascii art:

Sorry, I disagree. You might have seveal thousand objects. So
interactivity makes no sense.

Back to what I wanted:

To make it more easy to read other peoples code, I think it would be
nice to agree on a common method name for upgrades/refreshes. I like
the name "updateObject".

I think it is enough to agree on a method name, no need to create an
Interface.

 thomas

--
Thomas Guettler <guettli@thomas-guettler.de>