[Zope] Looking for variation of ExternalFile product

Andy McKay andy@agmweb.ca
Mon, 07 Apr 2003 10:37:28 +0100

Oliver Bleutgen wrote:
> I'm looking for a product which allows me to manage files in zope which
> reside on the filesystem, and provide a natural way to be served from
> apache. As far as I see, none of LocalFS, ExternalFile, ExtFile provide
> a way to do that naturally - for instance by providing the
> 'precondition' property (to raise an appropriate redirect) or to allow
> an  definable <a href="<something"> string to be rendered when called,
> analogous to the Image object.

Im not sure what you mean, LocalFS is all about managing FS things from
Zope.

Perhaps you might mean something like FS Cache Manager which takes
objects served from and puts them on the File System in cache to be
served from the FS using Apache, and works great for File and Image
objects. http://www.zope.org/Members/andym/FSCacheManager
--
   Andy McKay