[Zope] Could this be what you want? [Was: Looking for variation of ExternalFile product]

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Mon, 07 Apr 2003 19:19:19 +0200

Stefan H. Holek wrote:
> Some time ago I have modified ExtFile to allow for 3) as well. And now
> I've even published it ;-).
>
> <http://www.zope.org/Members/shh/ExtFile/>

Cool, open source development on demand ;), nice!
One question though, from the description I gather that you have
overriden ExtImage's tag method, have you also modified ExtFile's
__call__ method (or whatever causes the serving of the file content,
haven't looked at the source)?
If not, are you interested in a patch? (Ok, two questions).

I need that functionality for files, not images, and think that
returning a redirect with mangling in EXTFILE_STATIC_PATH would do the
trick.

Tell me what you think, and I'll try to make that a bit more
customizable if you want to incorporate it.

cheers,
oliver