[Zope] ZODB drops _v_ attributes.

ZOPE Developer zope@ananzi.co.za
Tue, 08 Apr 2003 15:11:19 +0200

Thanks for the response.

I basically store events and locks--ie non-picklable
types-- in my _v_ variables. I never destroy or loose a
reference to the container object. They just suddenly out
of nowhere drop, the volatile attributes.

The same operation that caused the exception, worked prior
to the exception, nothing changed---wel, except the missing
_v_ attributes went missing...that I cannot explain. Maybe
volatile attributes are too volatile???

Thanks

Herman

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 13:48:58 +0100
 Toby Dickenson <tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 April 2003 1:27 pm, ZOPE Developer wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I use the standalone ZODB.
> >
> > When I create persistent objects containing _v_
> (volatile
> > attributes), and access them at an extremely high
> > rate(reading and using), they sometimes lose their _v_
> > attibutes.
>
> Thats what volatile means!
>
> > Can somebody tell me what I need to do the avoid this?
>
> To stop the attribute value disappearing? Make it
> non-volatile.
>
> To detect the situation and avoid the AttributeError? Use
> hasattr, or set a
> shadow class attribute with a null value.
>
> --
> Toby Dickenson
> http://www.geminidataloggers.com/people/tdickenson

==
Download ringtones, logos and picture messages at Ananzi Mobile Fun.
http://www.ananzi.co.za/cgi-bin/goto.pl?mobile