[Zope] Progress information for long running process

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Wed, 09 Apr 2003 10:43:55 +0200

Eddie Mönch wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Could someone help with this problem:
> I have a long running process performed with an external method. Long
> means > 30 min. At the and I'm giving back HTML code to the calling
> object. What I need now is same sort of progress information on the web
> page (e.g. Processing step 50 out of 100). Has anyone an idea how to do
> this?

I'm not sure, but I would at least consider the problem that the
connection might time out anywhere in between the client and your
server. While this might be covered by some standards, I have seen SOHO
proxy solutions breaking at much more ordinary requirements.

cheers,
oliver