[Zope] Re: big problem when upgrading from2.5.1 to 2.6.1

Josef Meile jmeile@hotmail.com
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 10:16:23 +0200

--- In zope@yahoogroups.com, Jerome Alet <alet@l...> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 08:47:06PM +0200, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> >
> > There are known problems with (some) ZClasses when upgrading to
> > Zope 2.6.1. There are solution for them (--> archive).
>
> No solution for this problem there...
Wrong! It was discussed several months ago. Anyway, you can look my
how-to where I wrote the solution that helped me to cope with some
issues:
http://www.zope.org/Members/jmeile/upgradingZope

> Sorry, it is something like (not at work yet to post the exact
> message) :
>
>         impossible to unpickle object oid "garbage"
>         Error Value : None, traceback may contain clues.
>
> "garbage" is a bucnh of non-printable characters
You should search the name of the ZClass that originated
the message in the garbage. Then see if it inherits from
ObjectManager. If so, see the second point of my how-to.

> I've succeeded at accessing it with a 2.5.1 installation,
> and I've made a backup, now I'll try to reimport into
> 2.6.1 tomorrow if possible.
Actually, that was the solution proposed several months
ago. (see my how-to)

Regards,
Josef.