[Zope] Zope temporary files bloating /tmp/

Heimo Laukkanen huima@iki.fi
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 10:15:04 +0100

Hi all,

a sysadmin-friend of mine noticed that on their system Zope 2.6 is
creating a large number of tempfiles that bloat the tmp partition on the
system and do not get deleted/released for a long time. In the worst
case there are over 200 megabytes of these tempfiles bloating the temp
and nothing else than a restart seems to help.

I would need some help for debugging this kind of behaviour and what
could be done. So far I know that tempfiles are used for example in
situations of upload or downloads, where Zope writes the file to a
tempfile before/after it is written to ZODB.

Any help and insight would be appreciated.

-huima