[Zope] Re: i have problems installing Zope 2.6.1

Josef Meile jmeile@hotmail.com
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 12:28:12 +0200

> please tell me what to do (i don't know to upgrade my
> python version because i use it with a lot of other
> applications)
In fact, you don't have to replace your old python
version, you can install the new one in another
folder and use it from zope (assuming that you're using
linux or unix).

This nice how-to explains the way it can be done:
http://www.zope.org/Members/beacon/install_instructions

This how-to doesn't say it, but you also have to uncomment
the modules that you need from the Modules/Setup file in
the python source code installation (like zlib for example).

Note: if your old python is installed under /usr/local,
then you can specify another path in the configure
script (read the comments inside this file).

Regards,
Josef