[Zope] Groups and Roles

David Orr David.Orr@hwe.com.au
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 07:47:00 +0800

Hi Jens,

Thanks for the quick reply (and the great product!).  I was looking more at
the GroupUserFolder concept (by ingeniweb) but you are correct in that I was
getting confused with "groups" in LDAP as well.

For an example:  I want to creat a group (GrpA) that can access a particular
directory (DirA).  So do I set up GrpA with the role of member in DirA and
then set up individual(s) (or another group) to act as reviewer, OR can I
set up roles within GrpA (member, reviewer, manager etc) that then apply in
DirA?

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Jens Vagelpohl [mailto:jens@zope.com]
Sent: Monday, 14 April 2003 9:31 AM
To: David Orr
Cc: 'zope@zope.org'
Subject: Re: [Zope] Groups and Roles

if you are referring to the fact that the term "group" is used in
conjunction with the LDAPUserFolder then it is only because records
that contain references to other records are usually named something
with "group". the LDAP concept of groups has nothing to do with group
concepts in other user folders.

jens