[Zope] Re: silva, xmlwidgets, parsedxml

Passin, Tom tpassin@mitretek.org
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:34:14 -0400

[ garry saddington]

> I still cannot get these to work even though i have the latest pyXML=20
> installed. The error message is:
>=20
> 'can't import name expat'
>=20
> Do you have to copy any of the filesystem python components=20
> into the zope=20
> install? Has anyone else had this problem?

The install of PyXML normally goes into the regular Python installation,
not Zope's.  Although not everyone agrees, I think it is easiest just to
copy the PyXML stuff into the Zope installation.

PyXML uses some tricks to integrate its XML paths into Python's (so that
it can replace the standard Python xml libraries) but basically you are
looking for the "_xmlplus" directory tree.

Cheers,

Tom P