[Zope] Sharing this class

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 21:14:41 +0200

Nicolas =C9vrard wrote at 2003-4-14 11:58 +0200:
 > I'm wondering how can I do it in zope. Should I put this class in the
 > python hierarchy or put it in a Product (will it be visible from other
 > products ?)

It depends how you want to use the class:

  *  You make it part of a product when the instances should become
     persistent objects used for site building

     Products are just for providing customized classes for
     site building objects.

  *  You put it somewhere in the "Python hierarchy" when
     the class is just an auxiliary used, e.g. by different
     products or scripts/methods.

Dieter