[Zope] Single Sign on

Meilicke, Scott scott.meilicke@intp.com
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:52:32 -0700

What user folder did you use for the radius auth?

About a year ago I did get zope and the CMF to auth against active
directory, but unfortunately I did not record my settings...

Thanks - Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: PieterB [mailto:pieterb@gewis.nl]
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 3:34 PM
To: David Orr
Cc: zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] Single Sign on

David wrote
> I am currently building an intranet utilising Zope/Plone and plan on
> authenticating users via LDAP (ldapuserfolder).  However I am now expected
> to implement a "single sign on" system for the company which currently
uses
> NT domains to authenticate users.
>
> Has anybody had any experience in this?  I'm beginning to think that it
may
> be "easier" (short term at least) to just authenticate people via NT
domain
> and drop the ldap.  I will be very grateful for any advice.

I had serious troubles trying to authenticate zope to an Active
Directory (NT-domain), because it's not completly LDAP. It was
relatively easy to use Radius (which is also supported by NT, but
might require some additional software on the NT domain server). I
used Apache 1.3.x in front of Zope. The user was both authenticated by
Apache and Zope.

Pieter