[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] What do we want in the way of Zope binary distributions?

Richard Jones richardjones@optushome.com.au
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 10:12:44 +1000

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 12:25 am, Chris McDonough wrote:
> I'd like to propose that ZC drops the "generic" Linux binary distribution
> in favor of an RPM distribution that would be "guaranteed" to run on
> the latest Red Hat release or the one before it, but might also work on
> Mandrake, etc.

I'm all for this! The RPM would install everything into /usr/lib/zope-2.7/*
except the bin directory, which it'd install in /usr/bin. That'd work on any
RPM platform, and thanks to the mk* scripts, the actual installation of a
zope instance is soooo much easier now. Previously the RPM had to worry about
creating stuff in /var and /lib and all that mess. Now that problem's just
gone away :)

    Richard