[Zope] Zope Lockup (ZPublisher stops responding?)

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 22:58:18 +0200

Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca wrote at 2003-4-17 14:09 -0400:
 > The symptoms:
 >
 > Zope stops responding to HTTP requests
 > Zope memory usage increases suddenly quite a bit
 > The number of apache processes increases quite a bit also
 > Can't kill Zope normally, need to do a -9 ...

We see this quite regularly but not yet often enough that
we could analyse it.

We understand the necessity to use "kill -9" to kill Zope.

  It indicates that Zope was performing a storage operation
  when the "kill" signal was received. In this
  case, the main thread (executing the "kill" signal handler)
  blocks on acquiring the storage lock. When the storage is
  a ZEO storage, deadlock occurs as the (now blocked) main thread is needed
  for ZEO communication.

There is a collector report with patch for it.

Dieter