[Zope] Zope Lockup (ZPublisher stops responding?)

Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 19:06:16 -0400

Dieter,

Thanks for the update ...

My situation might be somewhat different though:

1) I don't use ZEO
2) This happens without me trying to "kill" anything, so basically, if
there's a "kill" signal being generated, it's not from me!
3) Which brings on the old problem of memory leakage ... I went through
EXTENSIVE reworking of my Zope setup, and it looks like the leak was gone
... Could it be it's really not? When I still had a noticeable memory
problem, sometimes the master thread/process would actually get a SIG11 or
SIG25 (If I remember correctly) and restart Zope properly.  Could it be I'm
actually STILL having a memory problem, only Zope no longer reacts nicely to
the signal?

I'm pretty sure my memory leak is gone honestly, the numbers do stabilize
after a day or so ... But the "lockup" problem occurs so much more often now
that I can't really tell!

Like I said, storage operations actually only happen internally to our
organization, so I'll try to track it down to see if there's a correlation
next time I see this happening.

Thanks for the help!
J.F.