[Zope] Re: Sorting on 2 or more properties

Josef Meile jmeile@hotmail.com
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 22:12:30 +0200

> I would like to sort first on the professor_name, then course_number,
> and then finally student_name. I have googled and can only find examples
> for sorting on one property at a time.
I don't know if at the present you can do such things without extra
programming,
but when I asked it long, long time ago (when I was starting with zope), the
answer
was to create a third index with the concatenated values of my keys.

In your case:
professor_name, course_number, and student_name. Of couse, you will
have to limit the size of those fields and add white spaces at the end.

Regards,
Josef