[Zope] How to upload an image?

Jan Maška jan.maska@systinet.com
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 11:10:11 +0200

Hi there,

I'm trying to provide an editors' interface for front-end users, who I don't
want to allow access to ZOPE management console (for obvious reasons - if
you've ever developed for managers and marketing, you'll understand).. :-))

Right now, my problem is an interface for adding 'NEWS-like' items - press
releases, announcements etc.
Errata: No problem with item creation, but I need to enable users to add a
single image to the news item.
I read tons of stuff from wannabe-tutorials to fairly complex solutions
(Python libraries etc.).. and I'm only getting more confused.

Is there a simple and reliable solution based on DTML or simple Python?
e.g. <dtml-call "manage_addImage('imagename',$REQUEST.form['imagefile'])">
..?

Given that this is a pretty common problem, i suspect somebody's had to
solve it already.
I'd be really happy if you could give me a hint or a link to really
*WORKING* howto.. or a demo in ZEXP would be really amazing help.

Regards and thanks in advance.

-Mac

 Jan Maska, web developer
 Systinet, Prague(CZ)