[Zope] Adding LDAPUserFolder

Braun Brelin bbrelin@openapp.biz
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 16:10:42 +0100

Hello,

I've installed LDAPUserFolder 2.1 and I'm trying to instantiate the
LDAPUserFolder within my Plone portal.  The problem I'm having is that I fill in
all the fields in the create menu for the LDAPUserFolder, but when I click "add"
it seems to fail silently.  At least, the LDAPUserFolder doesn't get created and
it doesn't fail with any errors.  How the heck do I debug this if I can't get at
least some sort of error?  I've looked at the help pages and the README's but
I'm not getting any sort of info there that will help me with this.

I'm filling in the Add LDAP User Folder with the following values:

Title:  LDAPUserFolder
LDAP Server[:Port]  111.75.75.70:389   Read-only (checked)
Login Name Attribute:   UID
RDN Attribute:  UID
Users Base DN:  ou=occupations, oc=departments,ou=personnel, dc=myclient,dc=ie
Scope:  Subtree
Groups Base DN:  oc=groups,dc=myclient,dc=ie
Groups Storage:   Groups stored on LDAP Server
Scope:  Subtree
Manager DN:  manager
Password:  mypasswd
Use Password Encryption:  crypt
Default User Roles:  Anonymous

Anybody have any suggestions? I'm running Zope 2.6.1 and LDAPUserFolder 2.1 on a
Linux Red Hat 8 platform.

Thanks,

Braun Brelin